Monday, February 2, 2015

Progress, Part Two

In less than a week I'll be on my own in an environment were peace is much easier to find. Six days, to be exact. I've continued to pack and prepare for the move, which in itself has been challenging. Not physically, but emotionally. The most mentally exhausting aspect of sorting through my things has been having to face the memories they might bring up, and bad memories are often easier to recall than good ones.

I picked up the keys from my soon-to-be roommate today, and that alone managed to stir up some conflicting emotions. While I feel sure that this decision is the right one, I can't shake the anxiety it brings. Why does it require so much work to feel secure in my choices, while doubt is so much easier to come by? Even at work, it's so much easier to fall into a negative train of thought than it is to believe I'm doing well there.

Regarding the process and how my mother has been handling it, she's been helpful in my search for the basics I'll need such as a bed, linens, etc. I'm surprised about that, to say the least. I also managed to work up the nerve to ask my aunt for help, which was no easy task. She's offered to lend me her van, which has taken a lot of the stress out of this entire process. I've noticed it's still very difficult for me to reach out to anyone regardless of the positive results I've gotten, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment